quarta-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2018

Love is more powerful than death.


This was the page I opened yesterday morning, and I had no way to post ...


If Only You and I …
She Speaks:
1 If you were my brother, I could kiss you whenever we happen to meet, and no one would say I did wrong.
2 I could take you to the home of my mother, who taught me all I know. I would give you delicious wine and fruit juice as well.
3 Put your left hand under my head and embrace me with your right arm.
4 Young women of Jerusalem, promise me never to awaken love before it is ready.
Their Friends Speak:
5 Who is this young woman coming in from the desert and leaning on the shoulder of the one she loves?
She Speaks:
I stirred up your passions under the apple tree where you were born.
6 Always keep me in your heart and wear this bracelet to remember me by.
The passion of love bursting into flame is more powerful than death, stronger than the grave.
7 Love cannot be drowned by oceans or floods. It cannot be bought — any offer would be scorned no matter how great.
Their Friends Speak:
8 We have a little sister whose breasts are not yet formed.
If someone asks to marry her, what should we do?
9 She isn't a wall that we can defend behind a silver shield.
Neither is she a room that we can protect behind a wooden door.
She Speaks:
10 I am a wall around a city, my breasts are towers, and just looking at me brings him great pleasure.
11 Solomon has a vineyard at Baal-Hamon, which he rents to others for a thousand pieces of silver each.
12 My vineyard is mine alone! Solomon can keep his silver and the others can keep their share of the profits.
He Speaks:
13 You are in the garden with friends all around.
Let me hear your voice!
She Speaks:
14 Hurry to me, my darling! Run faster than a deer to mountains of spices.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário